Tree House

Discussion in 'Designs & Plans' started by Christopher, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I have been thinking about making a tree house for my son. He basically spends the summer outside, and I thought a tree house would be nice. I had one, when I was a kid, that had electricity and it was nice. I have seen a few books, with some awesome tree house plans, but do you think following the plans would be easy?

2. Calvin

Calvin New Member

Tree houses

My father helped me build a tree house when I was growing up. That thing ended up being so big we couldn't find a tree that would hold it. We took it to a relative's farm and finally found a tree down by the river. The only problem was I never got to use it much because the farm was 20 miles away. Plan ahead.

3. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I was actually thinking about building a platform for the tree house, with a ladder leading up. I do not think any of our trees will support a house.

4. remodelme

remodelme New Member

I think following a plan would be easy. How old is your son? Is he old enough to help build the tree house? Man that would be an awesome father-son project. I had a tree house as a kid too. It was not made from any plan - we just went out one day and built it. Of course it fell down a few times.

5. Rob

Rob New Member

I've always dreamed of a tree house, but all our club houses ended up being made out of scrap wood and stayed on the ground. Dad wouldn't let us drill holes or nail nails in his precious pecan trees. That's about all we had of any substantial size.

6. Sandy

Sandy New Member

My sister-in-law has a huge farm out in the country. We thought we'd build a tree house for the kids out there so they can use it when everyone's gone to Aunt Susie's. I'm already thinking it could double as a deer stand. She blocks off the road to her farm so that trespassers don't come it. It's a great place for deer hunting.