Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

Delta Table Saw out of square

Discussion in 'Woodworking Power Tools' started by Petertay, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Petertay

Petertay New Member

Here is a problem I don't understand on the Delta Model 36-650:

The fence is square to both the blade and the miter guage slot. Perfect cuts.

BUT, if the blade is tilted to 45 degrees, it is off, front to back, by 1/16 inch, so I don't get correct miters. Hmm, I can't imagine how to adjust for that.

Any suggerstions are appreciated.

Peter

2. woadwunner

woadwunner Member

Maybe the blade mount is moving as you tilt the blade.

3. bobc4775

bobc4775 New Member

i agree that the trunion bolts might not be tight. If they were not all snugged down it might move because miter cuts put more pressure on the assembly than a 90 degree cut does.

4. Petertay

Petertay New Member

Thanks, guys, for the suggestions. The trunion bolts were tight as could be (and are they hard to reach!), but something was wrong, so I got up the courage and took the whole thing apart. After all, what did I have to lose, it didn't work right anyway. I then put it back together loosely, so I could tap to the right or left and make measurements.

It turned out that the bolts on the operator side (not the motor side) made the difference. Tapped the trunijon to move it about 1/16 inch, and it now is in alignment.

Thanks again for helping. --Peter

5. bobc4775

bobc4775 New Member

I'm glad to hear you've got it properly aligned, I agree the adjustment bolts are a PITA to reach. That saw will last you a long time -my version is about 30 years old now.

You might want to try replacing the drive belt with a continuous link belt because the saw will run with less vibration and give you smoother cuts.