Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

Cutting down trees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calvin, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Calvin

Calvin New Member

The city is cutting down trees again on our streets. It blows my mind. All these oaks, maples and other hardwoods are being decimated to make room for more power lines. To make it worse, they are cutting them into easier-to-haul chunks to turn into firewood. All that beautiful oak and maple is going up in flames. I'm rather irate right now.

2. busterswoodshop

busterswoodshop Super Moderator Staff Member

Ask them is you can have the wood. Maybe they will cut longer pieces and they might even help you load it .
    Then they won't have to haul it away.

3. remodelme

remodelme New Member

That stinks but then again we have to have trees cut down to make beautiful things. I would ask too if you could have the logs. You could have them cut the way you like them. Think of something you can make.

4. carrot

carrot New Member

Why would they have to cut down trees to make powerlines on existing streets? Aren't those already strung with lines? I should think they cut just cut limbs as needed if they need to do repairs or just keep them off powerlines.

5. Matty

Matty New Member

Towns and cities pretty much do what they want to do. I would try to talk with them too about getting some of the wood. You won't be able to get them to stop but at least you could get some wood.

6. Blueb

Blueb New Member

I hate it when I see this. I also hate it when the town workers go and cut down trees along the road. It's like they are in the way or something (when they are not). It's useless if you ask me.

7. Sandy

Sandy New Member

We had a lot of trees down this past winter and spring as a result of the hurricanes last fall. Lots of people are still reeling from what happened to their neighbors and to their own yards and are not wanting to go through that again. So there go the trees.