Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

Cedar Shakes On Garage

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by contractor, Jan 19, 2012.

1. contractor

contractor New Member

Years ago before I went into business, my wife and I built our garage. We even built the trusses by hand. Some buddies came over and helped put them up. But other than that we did it all together. The most fun was nailing up the cedar shakes on the exterior. We put a product called Pentax on them yearly for about 5 years and that's over 20 years ago. Amazingly these shakes have not discolor, but they don't sell the product anymore. If you have cedar shakes, did you leave them to age or did you use a preservative?

2. carrot

carrot New Member

I have used cedar shakes but I left them to weather as I actually like the way they look after they've aged a bit. It's almost like letting copper get that lovely patina - it adds to the beauty.

3. Calvin

Calvin New Member

I love cedar shakes after they have aged. We belong to a club that owns a few vacation houses at the beach and have the cedar shakes on them. They are beautiful sitting against the woods and when viewed at any angle from the water. They've withstood many a gale and Nor'easter.

4. Cammy

Cammy New Member

I am also a fan of aged cedar shakes, but I am a fan of anything that has that weathered look to it. I hate it when I find a product that I like, and years later I can no longer buy it. It is always the products that work so well, too!

5. remodelme

remodelme New Member

I'm all about the weathered look too, so I like shakes best when they look aged. Good plan though on your part, your cedar shakes will last longer then others since you used a product on them.

6. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I like the weathered look, but if it will last longer I would rather use a product on it. This will save me from having to replace it later on.