Your favorite place for plans?

Discussion in 'Designs & Plans' started by carrot, Mar 14, 2012.

1. carrot

carrot New Member

I've never worked a whole lot from plans. Or at least, not plans that I bought. I just make things, really, or redo old things to make them new. I'd like to branch out into some projects that I've never tried and for that, I think I'll need some plans - at least the first time or two that I make them. I know some plans leave things out or have issues so where should I get good plans?

2. Christopher

Christopher New Member

This is a great question! I have always just sketched things out, and used the trial and error method. Sometimes, I might scan the internet to see what I can find. I have yet to work on a major project, though, where buying a set of plans is a must.

3. steve

steve Member

Like Christopher I like to draw my own plans then I just wing it.

4. Cammy

Cammy New Member

I think it depends on the projects you want to tackle, as to where you will find the best plans. If you are wanting to make something simple, look on the internet. There are tons of free plans floating around on the net. If you are wanting to do something complex, you might want to find some books, get a magazine subscription or something like that, to be sure the plans have enough details to execute it.