Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

Wooden Padlock

Discussion in 'Designs & Plans' started by Christopher, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I know a wooden padlock sounds weird, but I am a fan of strange things. I heard there was a video on Youtube, depicting how to make one, but has anyone made a wooden padlock first hand? What would you say is the skill level for this task?

2. WingDing

WingDing Super Moderator Staff Member

Christopher,

I've seen the video, and it's pretty cool looking. Unfortunately, my confidence isn't quite there yet.

Hopefully someday I'll be able to crank out something like that.

Interested to hear what others have to say.

Brett

3. carrot

carrot New Member

I have never seen that video (but I'll be going to search for it). I've also never heard of a wooden padlock. Is it a real working lock or just a decorative piece? I would imagine you would need to use a very hard wood to have such a thing last for very long.

4. steve

steve Member

Wow neat video !

5. Christopher

Christopher New Member

When I first watched the video, I was amazed. I never thought of making a wooden padlock before. I do not think I am up to the challenge yet, either. Still waiting to hear from someone who has tackled this project.

6. woadwunner

woadwunner Member

I haven't made one yet but you can get a book telling you how to do it from www.leevalley.com.

7. Sandy

Sandy New Member

People who love wood can appreciate the intricacies and beauty of a wooden padlock. It's not something that would ever be very practical, but that's not the point, is it?

8. JP Senior

JP Senior New Member

Ive never made a wooden padlock but ive always enjoyed mechanical devices made of wood. Before they had computers and metal machine shops alot of mechanical items were made of wood. You can locate plans for making 1 at tedswoodworking.com

JP Senior