Streaming Television via Computer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by katharina, Jun 18, 2009.

1. katharina

katharina New Member

Anyone watch television, especially from other countries, on the computer? I wish I'd have a faster connection because that would be a lot of fun!

Sometimes I can get snatches but I'd like to be able to watch the whole shows with a faster connection. :)

2. heretoday

heretoday New Member

Our connection must not be so good, either. The film will stream just fine, and then it will get all fuzzy and stop, for 30 seconds or so, and then start to stream again. It's really annoying.

3. SageMother

SageMother New Member

My desk top gets television from our cable provider, which works well.

This isn't streamed, though, is it? We get the signal as it comes down the cable, just like it does on the television in the family room.

4. katharina

katharina New Member

That's how it is for me when I try to play YouTube... the buffering drives me
    totally batty.

5. toystory

toystory New Member

you can get free channels but most of them low quality and you have to have a pretty good internet connection..or it would take forever

6. WoodWorker

WoodWorker New Member

I just got myself Netflix $8/month is a great deal

7. contractor

contractor New Member

No, we can't do it well either. Our connection speed is not fast enough and we are limited as to how much data we can download without getting charged more. So we stay away from watching TV on our computer.