Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

Old woodworking textbooks

Discussion in 'Woodturning' started by Rob, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob New Member

I came across some wonderful old leather-bound woodworking textbooks at a yard sale. I bought them to sell on eBay, and they will fetch about four times what I paid for them. My problem is that I want to keep them. Does anyone else keep bringing things into the house you planned to sell and end up keeping them? This is not a good thing, for I do not like a lot of clutter. Still, I love the old books.

2. WingDing

WingDing Super Moderator Staff Member

Pretty much daily. I spend hours trying to make something - whether it be picture frames, tables, shelves, etc, with the intent on selling or gifting them to people.

To date, I've sold zero things I've made. Also, I've gifted zero things. I just fall in love with them, and don't want to part ways, ha!

3. carrot

carrot New Member

I rarely have that problem. My clutter usually consists mainly of extra supplies for my woodworking or other hobbies. I do a variety of crafts and tend to overdo buying supplies so things start overflowing into the rest of the house. I have to say, though, that if I came across antique woodworking books, I'd have to keep those and try some of the projects instead of selling them.

4. steve

steve Member

I would build a box or cabinet to display them in my shop. and I also would try some of the projects. post pics of them. neat find.

5. Cammy

Cammy New Member

I found a vintage book on glassblowing, that I was going to sell. I was too intrigued by the book to sell it, even if I never planned on learning how to blow glass. I also have various other things that came in auction boxes I have bought. I only wanted a few things out of the boxes, and then I figured I would sell the rest. That never happened, and I guess when spring cleaning rolls around I will get rid of this clutter.

6. Sandy

Sandy New Member

This happens to me all the time. I'm always buying a book or picking one up really cheap at the second-hand store. My intent is to read it and give it away. Too often it ends up on the shelf and becoming more clutter.