Old table saw

Discussion in 'Woodworking Power Tools' started by remodelme, Feb 26, 2012.

1. remodelme

remodelme New Member

I am so lucky! I don't know what the brand is but I got my Gramps old small table saw. It was in his basement and I asked my dad if I could have it (gram passed away a bit over a week ago). This is the table saw that my grandfather used to build his house! We got it home (there was a bunch of old sawdust in it), cleaned it up and used it. I can't believe it worked! I love it - it's so neat to have something that he used to build their home in 1953.

2. Rob

Rob New Member

Your heirloom table saw is such a treasure. I have a few pieces that belonged to my dad and to my grandfather. My level belonged to my grandfather's father. You'll have many happy hours thinking while you're using that saw.

3. remodelme

remodelme New Member

You are so right Rob. I'm so glad that my dad decided to give it to me (out of the family). We have used it many times since we got it a couple of days ago.

4. busterswoodshop

busterswoodshop Super Moderator Staff Member

It's nice to have something that your Grandfather used. I have a few tools that were my Fathers. Mostly hand tools. Some of them are over 100 years old and I still use them today. They don't make tools like they used to. I also have his old bandsaw. It is from the 1920's or 30's. I don't use it any more though , it just sets in the corner and looks good.

5. steve

steve Member

some of my favorite tools are very old.

6. remodelme

remodelme New Member

That is originally why we took the table saw (because it was Gramps). I'm really glad that it was in working order with a little love and work from us. I did get my Grams sewing machine too. :D It is really old. Right now it just sits in the corner of my living room for show. I hope to get it running again soon.