Need new roof

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Blueb, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Blueb

Blueb New Member

If you needed a new roof what kind would you put on. Our roof is pretty steep and there is not much of a overhang (split level) from the upper level to the bottom. We were told we should get a rubber roof on the bottom part but we were thinking a metal roof for the entire house.

What are your thoughts?

2. JP Senior

JP Senior New Member

Depending on where your located, I'd say a metal roof is a good option. Ive been building houses for awhile and ive found that metal if kept painted can outlast 50 yr shingles. If you check out www.metalsales.us.com they have about 20 different colors they usually have a 45 year paint warranty. They have a few different profiles to choose from. I think the 36" classic rib might be the cheapest.
    hope this Helps you.
    JP Senior
    www.jpseniorwoodworks.com

3. busterswoodshop

busterswoodshop Super Moderator Staff Member

If you use good material and install it correctly a metal roof is the way to go. It will be more money than a conventional roof though.

4. Matty

Matty New Member

I like the look of a metal roof too. To be honest we have these on our garage, shop and sheds. It's heaven sitting out in any of them when it's raining. The rain on the metal is so cool!

5. Blueb

Blueb New Member

I guess we will take a look at the pricing of a new metal roof. I do love the sound of rain on the rooftop. I never thought about how great it would sound on a metal roof.