Love My Scroll Saw

Discussion in 'Woodturning' started by BldrsWife, Jan 4, 2012.

1. BldrsWife

BldrsWife New Member

My husband is a builder and so I've always been around tools and the workshop. I love the smell of wood as it's being cut. Finally, after envying all those woodworkers for years, I got myself a scroll saw and have been cutting out my own designs for some necklaces. Then I use a wood burning tool to create accents. It is so relaxing to be out there and then coming up with a finished product. Working with wood has got to be one of the best kept secrets going.

2. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

That sounds like such fun!

I've dabbled in wooden pendants a bit in the past but it's not something I have done recently. I bet yours turn out lovely. And what a great hobby to have since there has been a recent focus on handmade accessories.

3. Cammy

Cammy New Member

I would love to see some of your pendants. I have been thinking about getting a scroll saw, but I was not sure if I would actually stick with it. I hate buying something, if it is just going to sit in a corner and gather dust.

4. steve

steve Member

pics please:D post pics please.

5. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I find a scroll saw to be the perfect tool for a crafter. I also love my scroll saw, now if only I could get it away from my wife. I am also curious to see what your pendants look like.