Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 201

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 202

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 205

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 206

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 209

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 212

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 213

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 214

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 215

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 218

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 219

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 222

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 223

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 226

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 227

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 228

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 229

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 232

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 235

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 238

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/woodwork/public_html/library/XenForo/Locale.php on line 246

12'' sliding compound miter saw

Discussion in 'Woodworking Power Tools' started by LaborOfLove, Jun 2, 2009.

1. LaborOfLove

LaborOfLove New Member

A discussion about 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saws:
    I noticed there has been a price drop in the Bosch and the DeWalt saws and wanted some feed back from anyone thats used the Bosch. I have used the DeWalt in the past and like it but i am a loyal Bosch fan and figured their saw, like most of their other stuff, was probably superior. in addition, anyone have experience with the Milwaukee? is it worth the extra 100 bucks? i don't particularly like the Makita, anyone wanna persuade me otherwise?

2. oldnamvet

oldnamvet Member

I have a 10" Bosch sliding miter saw and it has been great. I have also had Dewalt tools and found them good as well. This is a situation where differences will be minor and you can't really go too far wrong regardless of which you choose. Some details in the operation will be different and a matter of taste. Which one you choose will be a personal thing.

3. peerawit

peerawit New Member

Good indeed for the 10" bosch

4. Russell Pisciotta

Russell Pisciotta New Member

If you have a need to use a 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw you should buy one, but most of what you'll cut with one can be done with just a 12" Compound Miter Saw and you can save $100.
    DeWalt makes a good one.

5. busterswoodshop

busterswoodshop Super Moderator Staff Member

I had a Makita for years and it was a good saw but quite heavy compared to other ones.
    Now I have a Dewalt 12" and it does everything I need it to do.
    A friend of mine has the Bosch and it does seem to be a better saw.
    It cost more but it sure is a smooth running saw. I kind of like it.